The CPA Career Development Committee provides programming and support to postdocs from all divisions. The Co-Chairs of the Career Committee are Ram Balasubramanian and Utkarsh Mital.
Our events typically fall into one of three categories:
- getting a job, both academic and from industry
- professional development, such as grant writing, negotiation, or public speaking
- personal development, including work-life balance
These events range from informal brown bag workshops usually held during the lunch hour to formal workshops and seminars.
The CPA Career Committee is always on the lookout for new ideas and people to help in planning high quality events.
Ways of getting involved:
- Suggest an event
- Attend a career committee meeting
- Help out at a career event
- Join the career committee
Benefits of being on the career committee:
- Get to choose the programming and events over the coming year.
- Network with other postdocs and other professionals both on and off campus.
- Professional service looks really good on an academic vita.
Please contact the careeer committee for more information.